Southern Highlands Food and Wine Incorporated was formed in 2007 with the following vision:
“Through the efforts of the Association, the Southern Highlands will become the first choice for a quality food and wine experience”.
Each year the Association participates in and organises, events and activities designed to promote the Southern Highlands, our members and their products.
Currently the Association’s flagship events are:
- The Southern Highlands Food & Wine Festival
- The Australian Highlands Wine Show
- The Highlands Beer and Cider Festival
- Pie time promotions in collaboration with Destination Southern Highlands
The Association is constantly working hard to plan for the future of agriculture and tourism in the Southern Highlands and represents the region on many fronts including:
- The Association is the designated representative body for the wine region with the NSW Wine Industry Association
Association represents the agri-tourism sector on major policy,
strategy and planning issues with the local government authority
Association represents the local agriculture and tourism industry on
policy, planning and strategy with the NSW State Government, including
Destination NSW, NSW departments of Agriculture, Planning and Tourism.
Association has a close working business relationship with the local
tourism body Destination Southern Highlands and works together to
promote the region as food and wine destination, as well co-contributing
funds to many tourism projects each year run by DSH for the benefit of
tourism in the region.
- The Association works closely with the Southern Highlands Chamber of Commerce & Industry as well as the Illawarra Business Chamber on regional business matters and issues.
- The Association is the designated contact body for region with the Winemakers Federation of Australia.
- The Association is the designated contact body for the region with the Australian Wine Research Institute.
The Association has two categories of membership. Only producer members have voting rights. Membership fees are levied annually on a financial year basis.
FOOD & WINE PRODUCER Membership
$25 ANNUAL FEE
Open to wineries, food producers & restaurants as well as businesses engaged in food and wine related activities with the Southern Highlands wine region. Producer members have their business names and contact details listed on the SHF&W website under the appropriate category. Producer member listings also have LIVE LINKS to their own websites. Producer members have the opportunity to participate in events attended, sponsored or organised by the Association where they can promote their products and have voting rights. Where possible, a discount will be offered to Producer members on their participation in events organised by SHF&W.
FRIENDS OF FOOD & WINE Membership
$25 ANNUAL FEE
The Friends of Food & Wine Membership is designed for people who are not involved in the industry, or are outside the Southern Highlands, but wish to support the Association and be kept informed about, and participate in, events sponsored by the Association. Friends of Food & Wine will receive invites and notification of up-coming events.